- 1.What Your Presence COMMUNICATES to Other People!
- 2.Wash, Rinse, Repeat!
- 3.Will The Real Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) Please Stand Up?
- 4.Wait …. You Retire to Go Back to Work? Huh?!
- 5.Here We Go AGAIN?!
- 6.What Are YOU Building?
- 7.Let’s Go …. Scorch, Burn, and Conquer.
- 8.This is Real!
- 9.How Are Your Campaign Skills?
- 10.The Business of Leadership
- 11.Why Get Certified? MWBE Certified?
- 12.There is No Substitute.
- 13.Business Ownership, Job Loss, and the College Disconnect
- 14.Get It Right The First Time: Common Doesn’t Cut It
- 15.Human Resources That Help Humans? Novel Idea!
- 16.The Honesty of Information Train
- 17.Missing The Mark of Opportunity
- 18.Taking Matters Into Your Own Hands
- 19.Dropping A Bomb And Walking Away: The Consequence of Ineffective Management
- 20.Hiring Parties: Thinking Beyond The Box
You established your business. You continue to work on your craft and creativity. And, your word of mouth is gaining traction. Now what? As a small business, unless your word of mouth campaign is on steroids, your work is far from over. If you are a minority or woman business owner, you should consider getting your company certified as a minority woman-owned business enterprise (MWBE) with New York City (NYC Business). Why?
Well, according to their website, “The Minority and Women-owned Business Enterprise (M/WBE) Certification Program connects certified businesses with opportunities to sell their products and services to New York City agencies. The program’s goal is to promote fairness and equity in City procurement processes by providing services designed to strengthen the ability of certified M/WBEs to increase their capacity and effectively contribute to the City’s economy.” Opportunities to sell your products or services? Check! Promote fairness and equity in the City procurement process? Check! Contribute to the City’s economy? Check!
Why get certified? This is a no-brainer. Who better to “partner” with than the city? Your passion and expertise with the weight and force of NYC, makes for a winning combination. And, their Self Service Portal and Procurement Technical Assistance Center are an added tool and resource that will support your enterprise efforts. Need I say more?
If you’re ready to get this certification under your belt, consider using Harlem Business Alliance. Their consultants will guide you through the process and help you with securing all the necessary paperwork and supporting documentation. They are thorough; and, they care! So, go get certified today!